I run ClearOS (a CentOS linux derivative) on my server and found
installing razorCMS straightforward and easy. However I found the
installation and initial setup of the Gallery blade pack less obvious
so I've documented my approach below:
1) Download and install Gallery blade pack using the Blade Manager:
Blades->Install Blade Packs->select and upload the downloaded zip file
2) Install the PHP GD library on your linux server.
As root: "yum install php-gd"
3) Restart apache (this is what tripped me up):
As root: "/etc/init.d/httpd restart"
4) Settings->Gallery->name and Create a gallery
5) File manager->datastore->system_gallery-><yourgalleryname>->images->normal->Upload
upload your photos
6) Settings->Gallery->Existing Gallery select: Create Gallery link
7) Content->select the page to have the gallery->Add Gallery button